Wednesday 18 August 2010

Crocs... Fashion Foe Or Fashion Friend?




There is only one item that has dominated all summer and nope it’s not the horrendous British weather...! Crocs are sold in more than 125 countries worldwide in a range of different colours and styles. These shoes have become the pioneering item which are seen as "those comfy shoes to wear on holiday" OR WORSE just casually =|. From there light weight material and superior grip, these shoes have taken the world by storm!

Even celebs such as actor Adam Sandler, presenter Vernon Kay and Nicole Appleton have all been sporting the latest craze!



You can even buy "Jibbetz", which are shoe charms! I mean Links Charm bracelet YES PLEASE... Not charms for Crocs?! Who would have thought Crocs would have taken over the World?! They're array of colours, reasonable prices and not forgetting their comfort is what has helped establish the Crocs into a world wide "must have".



While holidaying in Florida in 2008, I had discovered this invention and I could not believe how many people actually had them, especially adults... they even had the Jibbetz! As I wondered through Magic Kingdom, I thought could this get any worse?!



Soon as I headed back to the UK every where I wondered, it felt as if the Crocs had taken over my life they were literally EVERYWHERE! To top this off , I have only discovered that Crocs have invented a BOOT!!! What happened to good old fashioned wellies?!



As much as I despise this creation (its social suicide!), I'll say one thing Crocs have shown me that even the most aesthetically displeasing item around can also prove us fashionistas wrong and be a best seller...

Well Done Croc Creators!


No comments:

Post a Comment