Tuesday 3 August 2010

Music Is My Muse...

Music ---> The art of arranging sounds in time to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre. I believe that music is an important factor of life, i can't even imagine life without it =|.


From Rock to Hip Hop, Indie to Slow Jams.. MUSIC IS GOD! Ever since a child, I have always had a love for music.. I mean its one of the first things we encounter; plus these days the media plays a big part in this. A cousin of mine learned how to dance to Akon's Smack That... He wasn't even 1 years old LOL!




Bands such as The Beetles & The Rolling Stones Not Forgetting Notorious B.I.G, Tupac & RUN DMC have been a heavy influence on today's music. I can well and truly say I'm proud to be growing up in a time where artists such as Lady Gaga, DRAKE ( who i absolutely LOVE.. if he reads this.. CALL ME), Jay Z AKA HOVE AKA THE GOD OF MUSIC & Not forgetting Lil Wayne have made a HUGE impact on the music scene today.



I've heard many of my friends talk about how Tupac and Biggie have had a heavy impact on their lives. Both were lyrical geniuses & because of their determination it's made many artists especially Black artists break through to the music scene and do what they Love..



For me Drake & Jay Z are BIG influences to my life. Drakes lyrics are mind blowing he can Sing, Act, Rap & Look SO HOT IN A SUIT =). i shall be patiently waiting to see him in concert, which reminds me.. YOU NEED MORE UK TOUR DATES!!! Drakes mix tapes have made millions, His music is now known worldwide thanks to the power of youtube as well as this his recent album Thank Me Later went Platinum before its release! His music is soulful and edgy and by having Lil Wayne as a mentor has helped Drake to establish his own sounds which in return help fans to make his music personal and wanting more.

Jay Z is the musical God Of This Era. His lyrics are just outstanding, apart from this he can work a crowd.. Wireless, 4th July 2010 will always be one of my greatest memories as I got to witness an Artist like Jay Z put on a phenomenal show! Being in the presence of such a Genius was an absolute honor and i would LOVE to see him again!



The UK's Asian music scene has seen a big change. Jay Sean has broke through the stereotypical barrier by becoming a world wide star after being signed to Cash Money records. Like Tupac and Biggie have helped to evolve Black music, I feel that Jay Sean's break into the Worldwide scene has helped new up and coming artists such as Rishi Rich's Mumzy Stranger.


Music is and always will be a big part of life, I believe it's Genre's help society come together and make the world go round. Life without music would make the world a boring place, People who sometimes can't find the words to express their inner state of mind will always turn to music...

"When Music Hits You, You Feel No Pain" - Bob Marley

2 comments:

  1. Whilst reading your blog it made me think of Bob Marley, and you ended it with one of his quotes, good stuff Kiran...Keep it up x

    ReplyDelete